Tuesday, April 12, 2011

2011 trip to Spain

This is the story of my 2011 trip to Spain. Like my other travel logs, I hope it will be a daily reflection of the wonders a traveler gets to see when visiting foreign lands, as well as the small trials and tribulations that are the spice of life abroad. But let me start with the cast of charaters:

Day -1. Once again I am delighted that before embarking on a new adventure I get to say hello to old friends. I am flying out of San Francisco, and started enjoying myself with a brief visit to Sandy and Dave Ashby, the parents of DJ, who is my daughter’s husband. Sandy works as a nurse, and every other Sunday she has to work the graveyard shift, but Dave was the ever gracious host and we had a pleasant dinner of teriyaki chicken as we talked over his retirement plans. He will be retiring next year, and with any luck will be able to volunteer at a nearby golf club, in exchange for playing a round of golf three or four times a week.

No comments: