Sunday, April 13, 2008

Day 64 (Sunday April 13) – More sun in beautiful Genève

I can see that getting work done is going to be more of a challenge than I had thought. Another glorious day called for a new round of exploration, so I decided to follow one of the four walking itineraries recommended by the Tourist Information bureau. This one is called “From History to Modernity”, and took me through the park of the United Nations, a special exposition on “Living in a Nuclear World” at the Museum of the Red Cross and the Red Crescent, and many neighborhoods and parks. I am very impressed with Genève, and will treasure this chance to live in a beautiful city.
























Later in the afternoon Auréle and I had an early dinner together (picadillo con arroz blanco), and then the poor garçon had to go to work. I, in contrast, spent the evening watching violent films in the TV (French lessons, you know) and working on the chapter on Coasts and coastal erosion.

No comments: