Sunday, June 16, 2013

Peru-Brazil 2013 – Day -1

Annie has a new motto: “Todo cabe en un jarrito, si se sabe acomodar”. Trub is that the optimum interlocking of stuff is still escaping her, so she spent all day packing things one way, then another, and so far she still has half of what she wants to carry strewn all over the room.

Nancy and Grady are two old dears who are simply delighted to have Annie visiting. She spent many happy summers with them and cousin Michelle, so for her is like coming home. To make the feeling stronger last night we had Nancy’s famous pot roast with mashed potatoes and gravy. Yum! Talk about soul food!

Since the last thing Annie needs today is for me to be making derisive comments like “Simplify!” or “It will just have to stay back.” I was invited to take myself out and not return until late. So I went window shopping down in Pasadena, drove aimlessly for a while, and then came back to have lunch. Work is still in progress, so I took off once more and went to visit the Palombo family. Everyone was home, so I got a chance to say hello to all my dear friends, and spent a nice afternoon catching up on all that has happened since I saw them last one or two years ago. Dinner time came and Tina put together this enormous Mexican meal, with carne asada, pollo asado, ceviche, salsa, and frijolitos. Love coming to visit the Palombo’s!

No comments: