Saturday, July 19, 2014

Montreal-Quebec-Nova Scotia Day 10. Dosquet to Lévis (70 km)

Another perfect bicycling day, which unfortunately means there is not much to say. After leaving Dosquet the bike path starts following several urban parks, where lots and lots of folks were using the opportunity for doing some Saturday morning exercise. Approaching the St. Lawrence River I had to cross the Parc des Chutes-de-la-Chaudiere, which if I remember correctly is where the first hydroelectric plant was built in the province of Quebec. Since then the Quebecois have been busy little bees building other hydroelectric projects, and today the province is the main power producer of Canada. The Chutes-de-la-Chaudiere themselves are some pretty waterfalls, which the tourist can admire from the middle of an imposing hanging bridge.

The next leg of the trip gets a little tricky, due to poor signalization of the Route Vert. However, “preguntando se llega a Roma” and by asking I soon took the right path and eventually made it to the south shore of the St. Lawrence River. This is an extremely posh area, with small villas built by the shore of the river. In the distance across the river, the beautiful city of Quebec tempts the traveler to cross the river, but for today I will stay on the south shore since I am not expected in the city until tomorrow.


My left knee is definitely hurting by now. I seem to recover just fine overnight, and am good for about six hours the following day, but anything more than that is asking for trouble. I am not a fan of creams, for I don’t think they penetrate the impermeable skin, but I may make an exception tomorrow when I get to the city, even if it only for the placebo effect.

No comments: