We enjoyed a slow sunny morning, but by 10 am had to get busy replacing the wood we had used, stripping the linen from the beds, washing the breakfast dishes, vacuuming, and moping the floor. We were done by 11 am but had to wait for the ferry until 12:30 pm, to carry us to firm land. Did I already mention that the ferry is free? Probably supported by the municipality to keep two islands connected to the rest of the county.
I have managed to give my cold to Géraldine, so in reaching the bigger town of Pargas we had to make a pharmacy stop for her to load on decongestants and cough syrup, and by then it was time for lunch, at a little pizzeria in downtown Pargas. I had what I thought was a pita with kebab, but instead turned into a giant folded pizza with the traditional thin-shaved lamb, lettuce, and chipotle mayo. Yumm, yumm.
We were a good 200 km away from Helsinki, so while Lucas drove I took another extended nap in the back seat. Closer to the city Géraldine took the wheel and we came to our rental apartment right at 4 pm. This reminds me of a weird dream I had last night. I was moving into a room in a community that kept growing as the dream progressed. I arrived sometime in the morning, with shining sun, but when the door was opened to welcome me in the place was in penumbra. I asked why the common areas were kept so dark, but nobody gave me an answer. In the darkness I stumbled into what I thought was my room, turned on the light, and instead of light I got grayness. Not that anyone else cared, but I declared then and there that I was not going to live in darkness, was cancelling my contract, and stormed out into the light. I wonder if this is the consequence of changing rooms so often during my travels.
I have a Zoom meeting at 7 pm, so I am going to stay here
for that, while Géraldine and Lucas go out and forage for food.
No comments:
Post a Comment