Saturday, December 23, 2017

Europe 2017 - Day 0. Accra to Paris

The highlight of my departure from Ghana is that Abigail very kindly offered to take me to the airport. I really like Abigail. She is smart and a very good Resident Director, and in the way to the airport we started talking about our families, and of our plans for the future. She travels to the US maybe every other year, and she has promised that if she comes to California she will let me know so we can get together again.

Since I am a bit paranoid about catching a flight she picked me up by 8 am, and by 8:30 am we were already at the airport. By 9:30 am I was booked, and for the next two and a half hours I cooled my heels walking up and down the terminal.

From Accra I flew to Addis Ababa, where I had a two hour layover, so I had the opportunity of buying a traditional Ethiopian lunch box for Ronnie (a bit of an antique, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t use it regularly), and eating a traditional lamb tebs dinner, with enjera, using the 300 birrs I had left a month ago. Finally, at midnight, I took the flight from Addis to Paris. I should have slept all the way, but I was too hot and couldn’t get much sleep, so tomorrow I will be dead tired.


No comments: