Friday, July 19, 2024

France 2024 – Days 55 and 56 – Santiago de Compostela to Bordeaux

Not much to report, except for the long bus trip back home. On Thursday I returned the rental bike, walked to the bus station, boarded the bus to Paris at 11h30, and didn't reach Bordeaux until 1h30 the following Friday. The "station" is inexistent there, so the travelers wait huddled under the railroad tracks until their bus comes.

I took the Périgueux bus at 2h45, and like on the original travel landed on this random stop at 4h25 in the dark of the morning. The regular bus to Bergerac didn't run until 7h00, so I found a dark spot by a nearby building, laid myself down in the floor, and fell asleep. My bad luck was that the building I chose was a bakery, where the action started at 5h30, but I was tired and didn't mind being taken by a homeless bum. I woke in time to take my bus, and by 8h00 I was finally in Bergerac. There is no place like home!

After a shower, a two-hour nap, and a good breakfast I feel like new. I need to go buy some basics and should really get back to work, while I mull what to do for an encore.

No comments: