Monday, July 29, 2024

France 2024 - Days 65 and 66 – Bergerac

Today Saturday is market day in Bergerac. I had to go and buy myself a small goat cheese rolled in basil. But now I need a cheese knife. So, from the market I walked to the old town and there found the perfect French folding knife for only 10 euros. It is not a Nontron knife, but it is the memory that counts.

The rest of the weekend I did … nothing. I stayed in my little château, did domestic things (like washing clothes, darning my threadbare underwear, and vacuuming), took naps, read, watched a couple of movies in the TV, and cooked a delicious paella. Ah, the life of the retiree!

Late Sunday night: Argh, I am going crazy. I need to move, explore, see things. The life of the retiree is way too boring for me. So I have decided that come Tuesday I will walk over the hill and down the creek on the other side. I will tell you all about it in a couple of days.

No comments: