Sunday, August 25, 2019

Australia 2019 – Day 38 – PNG Day 11. A nothing day.


Today I did nothing. I am staying at Taklam Lodge, which is a friendly but bare bones inexpensive lodging, with no amenities outside of the restaurant. They belong, however, to the owners of Kokopo Beach Bungalows Resort, which has a beach front, beautiful terraces, and a swimming pool. Well, since they have the same owners, the resort extends the courtesy use of its swimming pool to the guests of Taklam, so I took the opportunity of laying by the poolside, reading to my heart’s content, with occasional plunges in the pool to keep my internal temperature within comfortable limits. It was a lovely, lazy day.

I brought my Kindle along in this trip, and within it I have the collected works of Jules Verne in French, of Emilio Salgari in Italian, of Karl May in German, and of Edgar Rice Burroughs and Henry Ridder Haggard in English. Altogether about 500 different novels, so there is no way I will get bored for the next few years.

No comments: