Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Latin America 2018 - Day 11. Cancún


Among hundreds of choices in the morning buffet I managed to craft a yummy breakfast of cochinita pibil, poached eggs, and chorizo slices, generously irrigated with a mimosa. This place is wrecking havoc with my diet (or it would if I were to foolishly engage in a diet), and will push me into 10 am alcoholism if I don’t watch out.

We spent the morning at the beach, playing in the waves. Ronnie, the triton boy, may not know how to swim but that doesn’t deter him from breaching like a killer whale, or diving deep down under an incoming wave. It is cute to see the gaggle of kids playing together, but after a while I got tired and went back to the room for a snooze. The afternoon was a repeat of the morning, but at the pool, and in the afternoon we went to a poorly attended welcome party, where again there was very good food and plenty of drink, and a band that did its best to liven up the party.

Tomorrow we are going to the Ecopark Xcaret, and I am looking forward to the change in pace.

No comments: